Part-Time Coordinator of Youth Ministry - Presbytery of New Covenant
The individual will serve as an advisor and facilitator for the Presbyterian Youth Connection Council and will take the lead responsibility for the annual youth rally, Conclave weekend retreats, mission and fellowship opportunities for youth groups throughout the year, and the ongoing functions of the presbytery Youth Council.
The individual will spend time developing relationships with those serving on the council and with those working with youth in our congregations.
Every third year (2019, 2022, etc.) this individual will take the lead in organizing the Triennium delegation for the Presbytery of New Covenant.
It is expected that this individual will work in a cross-disciplinary fashion and will work collaboratively, cooperatively, and collegially with other staff members.
Thorough knowledge of:
- Developmentally appropriate strategies for working with youth
- Faith development of adolescents
- Grounded in the Reformed tradition and faith practices
General knowledge of:
- Windows operating systems, including PowerPoint production
- Use of social media technology
- Ministries and ministry resources for youth available through the PC (USA) and partner organizations
- Mission and vision of the Presbytery of New Covenant
- Organize and facilitate educational experiences
- Encourage and work well with others
- Build trust and confidence
- Develop positive working relationships with presbytery staff, congregations, Presbytery Youth Connection Council members (both teens and adults)
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in communication
- Organize work for efficiency and timeliness
- Set or follow priorities and procedures
- Serve as an advocate for youth and a promoter of the Presbytery of New Covenant
Organize, staff, and facilitate work with the Presbytery Youth Connection Council, including, but not limited to:
- ORGANIZATIONAL RETREAT (45 hours)
- 7 MEETINGS (7 hours each)
- PLANNING RETREAT (30 hours)
- 2 CONCLAVE WEEKENDS (48 hours each)
- YOUTH RALLY – (8 hours)
Organize, resource, and facilitate opportunities for youth groups and youth workers of the Presbytery, including, but not limited to: Mission Days, Mission Trips, Fellowship Events (“Fun Days”), Youth Worker Gatherings and educational events.
Administrative and leadership tasks include:
- Communications with PYCC and with congregations relating to recruiting PYCC members and organizing and promoting Presbytery Youth Events
- Report to the Presbytery using Connections, Tuesday Connect and through the Congregational Resourcing Team and Ministries Division
- Work with youth to shape Conclaves materials in such a way that both the intentions of the youth and solid practices for educational design and reformed theology are represented
- Work with Camp Cho-Yeh on registration for events
- Order t-shirts
- Create small group rosters
- Reproduction and organization of Conclaves materials
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Develop relationships with and among volunteer and professional youth workers
Compensation: commensurate with experience. The position will be compensated based on an average of 25 hours/week.
- Work with Coordinator of Conferences and Graphics on graphics for t-shirts
- Work with the Editor on publicity
- Work with the Director of Business Affairs and Finance as necessary on finance related issues
If you are interested, please send resume to Rev. Jackie Hannan, Moderator of the Personnel Committee, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through May 31, 2017. Interviews will begin in June.
Posted April 20, 2017.