Director of Early Childhood Ministry - Grand Lakes
GRAND LAKES PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
PART-TIME DIRECTOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD MINISTRY
The position is responsible for creating and implementing an early childhood ministry program that inspires children and, in turn, their families to attend all Sunday school activities and special events and bring their friends along to be transformed in Christ.
- Develop curriculum, programming and communication in line with the church’s commitments, values and culture.
- Evaluate and review the early childhood program quarterly with the Senior Pastor to ensure the program is in line with our vision and mission.
- Ensure youth leaders and volunteers are in compliance with the church child protection policy.
- Be responsible for resources, tools, equipment, and properties entrusted for the use with the youth ministry.
- Build strong relationships with, and garner the respect of, parents of the children and communicate with them through multiple media on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the early childhood ministry program witnesses the theology and mission of the church, while creating and encouraging a loving, nurturing, safe environment for our children.
- Bring vision and organization to the children’s ministry, so that it can grow at the pace at which our church is growing.
- Provide opportunities consistent with GLPC Mission, Vision, and Values e.g. “...transforming lives in Christ.”
- Coordinate special events (i.e., VBS, Church Holidays, harvest party, family nights, community reach-out etc.)
- Duties may be modified for the benefit of the church as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Perform other church duties as assigned.
- A degree in these areas is preferred but not required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to recruit, lead and motivate volunteers.
- Must be a self-starter and strong problem solver.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher as well as other tools as necessary.
- Must be skilled in interpersonal relationships, with a heart for Jesus Christ. Team play is essential.
- Must have a loving knowledge of scripture as the inspired Word of God, and its application to children and families.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Grand Lakes Presbyterian Church, visit www.grandlakespc.org.
Published March 13, 2017.